SANE can put journalists in contact with mental health professionals and people with lived experience of mental illness for media interviews.
Mental health professionals
Mental health professionals available to comment on stories about complex mental illness:
- Mr Jack Heath, SANE Australia Chief Executive Officer
- Dr Michelle Blanchard, SANE Australia Deputy Chief Executive Officer
SANE is passionate about sharing the stories of people with lived experience of mental illness to help reduce stigma and encourage help-seeking for those affected by mental illness.
We have speakers available for media interviews to share their personal experiences with complex mental illnesses, including:
- anxiety disorders
- bipolar disorder
- borderline personality disorder (BPD)
- eating disorders
- major depressive disorder
- obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- families, friends and carers of people living with complex mental illness