SANE can put journalists in contact with mental health professionals and people with lived experience of mental illness for media interviews.
Mental health professionals
Mental health professionals available to comment on stories about complex mental health issues:
- Mr Jack Heath, SANE Australia Chief Executive Officer
- Dr Michelle Blanchard, SANE Australia Deputy Chief Executive Officer
SANE is passionate about sharing the stories of people with lived experience of mental health issues to help reduce stigma and encourage help-seeking for those affected by mental health issues.
We have speakers available for media interviews to share their personal experiences with complex mental health issues, including:
- anxiety disorders
- bipolar disorder
- borderline personality disorder (BPD)
- eating disorders
- major depressive disorder
- obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- families, friends and carers of people living with complex mental health issues
To request an interview with a mental health professional or someone affected by mental health issues contact the SANE Media Centre.