The SANE Online Community Forums (SANE Forums) involve two online communities:
- one for people living with complex mental health issues (Lived Experience Forum)
- one for those supporting someone living with complex mental health issues (Carers Forum).
The 2020 SANE Forums evaluation aimed to identify whether the SANE Forums are meeting their goals. These goals include creating strong communities, extending the reach of mental health services, and providing high quality peer support.
This study included the following:
- A review of reach and engagement data (from online tools: Khoros Community Analytics and Google Analytics)
- An online survey of people who access the Forums ('Forum Users')
- In-depth interviews with Forum Users
We collected data from Forum users in July-August 2020. We also reviewed reach and engagement data for the period July 1 2019-June 30 2020.
The study team wish to give heartfelt thanks to everyone who participated in this evaluation study.