The SANE Media Centre has developed a range of comprehensive factsheets to assist the mental health sector in working with the media. Each factsheet covers a different aspect of working with the media and can be used as a starting point or a refresher, with the SANE Media Centre available to provide additional information and support if needed.
- Media Contacts
- How to Write a Media Release
- Getting the Media Interested
- Media Interviews
- Supporting Spokespeople with a Mental Illness
- Media Enquiries about Mental Illness
- Media Enquiries about Suicide
- Media Policy
All resources complement the Australian Government’s Mindframe National Media Initiative which aims to guide representation of issues related to mental illness and suicide, encouraging accurate and sensitive portrayals in Australian media.