For BPD Awareness Week we’ve put together a list of articles, resources, videos and blogs that shed light on this often misunderstood illness.
- The SANE BPD Guide
This informative online guide offers information on the facts and symptoms of BPD, ways to stay safe, support programs, and the treatment and help available.
- People like us – Stephanie
SANE Speaker Stephanie shares her story of living with BPD and how she has overcome stigma in the workplace and in her personal life.
- What is it like to date when you have borderline personality disorder?
Vice Magazine looks at how people respond to the issue of disclosure when dating.
- Emotionally raw: understanding the torment of Borderline personality disorder
Beth McMullen has lived with BPD for 30 years and she explains the rollercoaster of emotions she has experienced.
- Living with a borderline personality
Sonia explains her experience living with BPD and how she has used photography and bushwalking to regulate her emotions.
- Three women share what it's like to have BPD
Unlike what the movies show, it’s not all boiled rabbits and suicide attempts.
- Borderline personality disorder—what works?
ABC's All In The Mind looks into the proven and effective therapies available for people living with BPD.
- What you don't know when I tell you I have Borderline personality disorder
Great personal insight, this blog explains the misconceptions that exist in the community when you tell someone you live with BPD.
- Borderline personality disorder: Self-esteem vs Self-destruction
Author provides an insight into the internal dialogue she experiences.
- The best parts of living with Borderline personality disorder
Beautiful words that highlight the positives one woman sees in her symptoms of BPD.
- How I got my wife into treatment
Ed shares his story of encouraging his wife to seek treatment for BPD.
- Ten things I needed to hear the day I was diagnosed with Borderline personality disorder
Some honest tips from a woman who lives with BPD.
- Fred's journey
A first-hand account of caring for someone living with BPD.
- Pure BPD
New Zealand author Cate Reddell explains her fear, and love, of the negative symptoms she experiences.
I am borderline
Award winning short film on borderline personality disorder that aims to reduce the stigma of BPD by showing people are more than their diagnosis.
* This video includes a graphic rendition of self-harm
Tas Pappas: Exercising mind and body
Former world champion skateboarder Tas Pappas speaks about being diagnosed with borderline personality disorder.
Diagnosis into treatment and recovery
Catherine and Melanie, mother and daughter, talk about the benefits and challenges of receiving a BPD diagnosis, and their journey through to recovery.
Sonia explains her experience of BPD
Sonia Neale, recipient of the Hocking Fellowship 2014, speaks about her experience and research into Borderline personality disorder.