Are you looking to work for an organisation that is an industry leader in tackling the big issues in life? Do you want to be involved in meaningful work, collaborating with a diverse workforce to improve the lives of many through a hands-on approach?
Then you’ve come to the right place, we are looking for expressions of interest for our Service Delivery team in the role of Counsellor.
What we stand for
SANE Australia works to make a real difference for the five million people affected by complex mental health issues nationally. Australians affected by complex mental health issues, experience major barriers in accessing quality, affordable support, and face high levels of stigma and discrimination.
SANE is committed to changing this reality through its digital and phone counselling, peer support services, arts programming and services, and advocacy and research programs.
What we offer
At SANE we offer generous not-for-profit salary packaging options, an employee assistance program, additional days pro-rata of paid Reflection Leave per year, and the opportunity to help Australians affected by complex mental issues live long and fulfilling lives.
What we want
We are looking for enthusiastic Counsellors who can provide trauma informed counselling, support, information and referrals to people affected by complex mental health issues, including carers, health professionals and others. Counselling sessions are run via phone, video, webchat and email.
At SANE we have two different models of counselling, they are:
- Multi-Session Counsellors - primarily work in the multi-session team and will provide multi session counselling within an agreed model of care and clinical governance standards.
- Drop-in Counsellors - provide single session trauma informed counselling within a clinical governance framework.
What you have
- Tertiary qualification in psychology, social work, counselling or other related field
- Eligibility for membership with, or working towards full or provisional registration with, the appropriate professional body (AASW, AHPRA, PACFA, ACA)
- 2 -3 years’ experience in a similar role
- High level understanding of mental health issues, both theoretically and practical
- Experience providing counselling or support to vulnerable communities and/or vulnerable groups or individual
- Compassion and enthusiasm for providing support to people affected by complex mental health issues
Please ensure you let us know why you’d be a great addition to the SANE team.
Position Descriptions with more information: