- We focus on the whole person and their strengths, not the illness, and believe everyone is entitled to a better life.
- We treat everyone with grace and dignity while welcoming robust and constructive discussion.
- We communicate our appreciation to those who give of their time, advice and financial resources.
- We have a passion for learning, and disseminating creative-solutions to real-world problems.
- We embrace technology to build community and provide helpful information.
- We seek out new ways to have greater impact through research, testing and evaluation, always informed by people's lived experience of mental illness.
- We celebrate great achievements (big and small) by ourselves and others.
- We warmly welcome everyone who comes through our doors and we create a fun, flexible and inspiring workplace that fosters personal and professional growth.
- We broadcast to the world heroic stories of courage, resilience and recovery.
- We do what is right, however difficult that might be.
- We are accountable for the decisions we make.
- We take good care of our physical and mental health and seek help when we need it.
- We partner with others who share our vision, values, passion, and commitment.
- We work with people with lived experience of mental illness to build better services, policies, and programs.
- We encourage and support each other to do the best work we possibly can by listening, communicating and working as one team.
Last modified: December 2012