Workplace Giving allows you to redirect your tax-dollar to a cause that you believe deserves and needs your financial support.
How does it work
You simply authorise your employer to deduct a regular donation from your pre-tax salary. Your employer then remits your donation, together with others from your workplace, to SANE. In addition to employee donation some employers will gift-match to make an even bigger difference to the way SANE can plan and fund new projects involving our Helpline service.
At the end of each financial year your employer will provide you with a Donation Record Statement to assist with your annual tax return.
Find out more
The SANE bookshop has resources providing information related to mental illness and the workplace.
To find out how your workplace can provide both managers and employees with the skills and knowledge to effectively respond to mental illness in the workplace visit the Mindful Employer website.
Additional information can also be found on the ATO, The Australian Charities Fund and the Charities Aid Foundation websites:
Workplace Giving will benefit:
People, including families and friends, concerned about mental illness through:
- the SANE Helpline.
- campaigning for improved services and attitudes.
- education of the community about mental illness.
- research for a better life of those affected.
- Providing an immediate tax benefit.
- Removing concerns about record-keeping – donations are recorded on your payslip.
- Informing you about the impact of your donation through regular newsletters.
Your Workplace by:
- Building staff morale and respect for the company as a ‘good corporate citizen’.
- Providing an opportunity to match employee donations to maximise impact.
- Cost-effective way to build long-term relationship with not-for-profit organizations.